2023 CDP-ICLEI Track Changes Map
The 2023 CDP-ICLEI Track Changes Map outlines the key developments to the questionnaire and includes the following information:
- 2023 Question: The question number and question text for each module of the questionnaire.
- Change: The level of change the question has undergone. These changes are defined as follows:
- No change: no change has been made to a past question. If just the question number has changed from 2022 to 2023 or just the guidance has changed, this is indicated.
- Minor change: small changes have been made to a past question e.g. some new dropdowns, or a change to the question text. Where the guidance has also changed, this is indicated.
- Modified question: substantive changes have been made to a past question e.g. a significant edit to dropdown options or columns. It can be assumed that modified questions will also have additional/modified guidance.
- New question: a new question has been added.
- Revised question dependency: no changes made except to question-to-question dependencies, altering what questions/columns will drive this question to appear.
- Removed question: a past question has been removed.
- Additional guidance: existing guidance has been expanded beyond minor edits, or new guidance has been added e.g. a Resources section.
- Modified guidance: clarifications/modifications have been made to existing guidance beyond minor edits that potentially alter the information requested.
- Copy Forward: If you submitted a response to the 2022 questionnaire, some of your answers may have been auto populated into your 2023 questionnaire where applicable. This column outlines what questions and columns may be applicable for copy forward.
- Summary of Changes: Where relevant an overview of the key changes is provided.
Note on Copy Forward
If you submitted a response to the 2022 questionnaires, your answers will be auto populated into your 2023 questionnaire where applicable, with a copy forward icon showing next to all questions which are eligible for copy forward. If you did not previously submit a response to a question or this is a new question no answers will copy forward.
We have tried to ensure copy forward from your previous response is available where possible, however, some questions have been modified from last year’s questionnaire, and therefore not all fields may copy over. As a result, your data might only be available on specific fields within table questions. We encourage you to double check the response to ensure that the response is complete and up to date. Please review auto-populated answers carefully, it is your responsibility to ensure your answers are updated for the accuracy and completeness of your response.
Copy forward is indicated as follows:
- Full: all answers in this question copy forward from last year if you have previously submitted a response. Please note that new fields have no prior submitted data (and therefore no previous answers to copy forward). We encourage you check the Summary of Changes for any new/removed columns and new/removed dropdowns to ensure your answers are complete and up to date.
- Partial: some of the answers in this question do not copy forward from last year if you previously submitted a response. This may be because the answer requested relates to the current reporting year, or because you are required to reassess annually whether or not this column has been answered (e.g. to confirm you have provided a requested attachment).
- No: none of the answers in the question copy forward from last year if you previously submitted a response.